As the demand for organizations, both public and private, to put in place health and safety practices continue to grow. Organizations are seeking ways to invest in HSE management in a bid to avoid workplace-related incidents and increase their public rating to achieve a competitive edge over others. Our duty at Novelle Center is to position ourselves as industry experts to provide cutting-edge training solutions in health, safety, and environmental awareness to individuals and organizations. Health, safety, and environmental awareness are increasing rapidly. Good Health, safety, and environment (HSE) training involves creating organized efforts and putting procedures to identify workplace hazards and reduce accidents and exposures to harmful conditions and substances. The program focuses on training participants in accident prevention, emergency preparedness, and the use of personal protective equipment.
A good workplace can be defined as a working environment where there is not only an absence of unsafe conditions that can cause injury and illness but promote the healthy practice. Good workplaces are known to have a positive impact on the health and well-being of workers.
The aim of this course is to help participants to:
- Understand the fundamentals of health and safety in the workplace
- Be able to identify and define work accident and occupational disease
- Identify hazards and conduct a risk assessment
- Explain employer and employee legal duties to health and safety
- Conduct a first aid and fire prevention procedure.
HSE Level 1 – Introduction to health and safety at work
- Introduction to Health and Safety in the workplace
- International and Local Health and Safety legislation and policies
- Understanding Safety Signs and symbols
HSE level 2 – Understanding Risk assessment
- Understanding the Type of Hazards and control measures (HEMP)
- Risk Assessment and applications (Site Project)
- Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Permit to Work
- Lockout Tag Out Work Procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
HSE level 3 – Application of Health, safety, and environment
- Accident Investigation and Emergency Response
- Crisis Management and Security Awareness
- Introduction to Environmental Awareness
- Basic First Aid and applications (Practical Session)
• Fire Safety applications (Practical Session)
Training is delivered by Classroom (physical training) or Online training.
The physical training consists of physical lectures with a live tutor, videos, discussions, activities, assignments. During this period, participants will be guided by our HSE certified tutor, who is dedicated to ensuring sessions are successfully delivered.
The Online training consists of various proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. In online training, lectures are conducted the same way physical training is conducted, but this time it is virtual. Learners can pause, replay, rewind, fast forward a video, and enjoy lectures from any location.
The course is suitable for everyone new to health, safety, and the environment: safety officers, oil, and gas workers. Also crucial for workers in safety-related positions who require an expanded legal and technical experience to function effectively. And also those planning to move into safety-related positions. Course is highly recommended for NYSC corps.
UK HSE course fee is NGN40,000 (50 pounds) for physical training. At the same time, the online mode of training cost NGN25,000 (31 pounds). The fee covers training, examination, and project work. Novelle Center provides a flexible payment plan in 2 payment installments.
A total of 4 days is required to complete the physical training, while the online training consists of 30days to complete.
The HSE international examination is written online in three parts covering the three levels in the program. Participants must have an internet enable phone or electronic device to write the exam.
Participants can write the examination from any location. Results are instantly released as “Pass” or “Refer.”
80% is required for a Distinction grade. 70% is needed for a Credit grade, and 50% is required for a Pass grade. Certificates are despatched within 30 working days of the result notification date.
- On successful completion of this training course, participant will be awarded the British International Safety Organisation certificate in HSE level 1,2 and 3
- Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) licensed certificate in Environmental Impact Assessment will be awarded to participants.
- First Aid and CPR certificates will be awarded to participants.
For further inquiry and registration, call 09030589313, 09084766905.