Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Awareness is a discipline that deals with helping organizations make sure their overall activities do not cause harm to anyone. This program focuses on steps to help individuals identify hazards and mitigate risks, focusing on various types of incidents and accidents. This course covers foundational skills every beginner needs to know, from theories to practicals.
HSE awareness training aims to create a healthy workplace for workers with little or no hazards to the lives of workers and management who are involved in the same work environment.
The benefits of HSE training cannot be overemphasized. Importantly, workers are motivated, committed and stay loyal, it also develops a positive health and safety culture, where safety becomes a way of living. And HSE training is the right thing to do.
This course aims to enable participants to learn:
- To evaluate the workplace to determine the existence of workplace hazards
- To identify relevant regulatory standards and their applications.
- To select appropriate control measures based on the hierarchy of controls
- To analyze accident and incident records and illness data for assessments
- To enhance the skills, principles, and practices of workplace safety
- To create health and safety policies and procedures in the workplace
HSE Level 1 – Introduction to health and safety at work
- Introduction to Health and Safety in the workplace
- International and Local Health and Safety legislation and policies
- Understanding Safety Signs and symbols
HSE level 2 – Understanding Risk assessment
- Understanding the Type of Hazards and control measures (HEMP)
- Risk Assessment and applications (Site Project)
- Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Permit to Work
- Lockout Tag Out Work Procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
HSE level 3 – Application of Health, safety, and environment
- Accident Investigation and Emergency Response
- Crisis Management and Security Awareness
- Introduction to Environmental Awareness
- Basic First Aid and applications (Practical Session)
• Fire Safety applications (Practical Session)
Training is delivered by Classroom (physical training) or Online training.
The physical training consists of physical lectures with a live tutor, videos, discussions, activities, assignments. During this period, participants will be guided by our HSE certified tutor, who is dedicated to ensuring sessions are successfully delivered.
The Online training consists of various proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. In online training, lectures are conducted the same way physical training is conducted, but this time it is virtual. Learners can pause, replay, rewind, fast forward a video, and enjoy lectures from any location.
The course is suitable for everyone new to health, safety, and the environment: safety officers, oil, and gas workers. Also crucial for workers in safety-related positions who require an expanded legal and technical experience to function effectively. And also those planning to move into safety-related positions. Course is highly recommended for NYSC corps.
UK HSE course fee is NGN40,000 (50 pounds) for physical training. At the same time, the online mode of training cost NGN25,000 (31 pounds). The fee covers training, examination, and project work. Novelle Center provides a flexible payment plan in 2 payment installments.
A total of 4 days is required to complete the physical training, while the online training consists of 30days to complete.
The HSE international examination is written online in three parts covering the three levels in the program. Participants must have an internet enable phone or electronic device to write the exam.
Participants can write the examination from any location. Results are instantly released as “Pass” or “Refer.”
80% is required for a Distinction grade. 70% is needed for a Credit grade, and 50% is required for a Pass grade. Certificates are despatched within 30 working days of the result notification date.
- On successful completion of this training course, participant will be awarded the British International Safety Organisation certificate in HSE level 1,2 and 3
- Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) licensed certificate in Environmental Impact Assessment will be awarded to participants.
- First Aid and CPR certificates will be awarded to participants.
For further inquiry and registration, call 09030589313, 09084766905.